Friday, July 10, 2009

MUCH TO CATCH UP ON.. BRINGING ME TO WEEK 12!


So much has happened since the last time I blogged! Feel free to skim through this one as it's going to be long (perfect reading for those who should be working right now, but have shifted their focus to other things, such as this!)

Since my last blog, Matt and I thought that were were just a little over 9 weeks pregnant. After going to our first official ultrasound on June 15th, we found out that we were actually 8 weeks and 4 days pregnant at the time. The baby still had it's little tail (see picture above!) and Matt was convinced that I cheated on him for a reptile or he knew we were having a son with a really big uh-hum.... Oh Matt. Mom, on the otherhand, thought it looked like a gingerbread man. Everything looked healthy, including baby Bonas! The heartbeat was around 170-171!

What a week that was! On thursday, I had my commercial thesis project due (got an A!) which would be my last and final project I would ever have to do for FIDM again!!! Then on Saturday, June 20th, I gradutated at the Staples Center with honors and was nominated for two awards... LONG ceremony, but huge accomplishment!


Come Father's Day, we decided that this would be the day to announce it to the family. Bryan's friend was so kind to let us have my graduation bbq at his friend's time share in Carlsbad. It was an amazing condo near the beach! Little did he know that this was going to be more that a grad bbq.... My parents already knew the news and I told them to keep hush about it! My mom almost slipped and told Brynn (good job Mom) before we planned to tell Bryan and Rita first. Inside Bryan's card, we made a copy of the ultrasound picture. I think he went straight to looking at the picture and tried to decode what it was before even reading the inside, which clearly read "GRANDPA" somewhere in there. It was such a special moment when he figured out what the little blur was : ) We then shared the news with Brynn (I think she tried decoding the picture too... Mike had the same issues earlier) and we couldn't have been happier with their reactions!

Finally, Matt and I announced the news to the rest of the Bonas/Jones/Steinriede clan by informing them that I could not drink the champagne that Michelle was so thoughful to bring for us..... it was such an awesome moment to share that with our loved ones : ) It was Matt's first father's day and I think that it couldn't have been more perfect. We felt so blessed by all the love and support our families poured on us that day.

Now with the news pretty much out, came questions about our honeymoon to Greece..... which sadly will not be happening anymore. Dr. White gave us a no and wanted us to keep our travels within the states. So with that said... ALASKA, here we come! I barely made the cut-off to go on this cruise, Princess Cruise Lines cuts you off at 24 weeks and I will be around 21-22. We leave on September 7th and will return 23rd! Matt and I will be on a cruise half the time, on a land tour the other half, then on our own for just a few more nights in Fairbanks to try and get a glimpse of the Northern Lights. Though I will not be able to zipline, or attempt to hike Mt. McKinley, you will be able to find me waddling around the North Pole and eating like a bottomless pit while out on sea. This trip is coming soon.... so more details to come later : )

And at last... I can't believe I am finally at 12 weeks!!!! Sorry that my ultrasound doesn't show this (you are seeing the one from 8 weeks and 4 days) but I will have an updated one within the next two weeks! I just went in for my 1st trimester screening, and so far, things are looking positive! Baby Bonas has a health heartbeat of 150. Thank you God!!! We ask that you continue to keep us in your prayers, as they surely have been working! And for those of you who are wondering when we will find out the sex of the baby..... Stay tuned around September 4th. That's the big one!!! Love you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment