Saturday, June 13, 2009

HOW IT ALL STARTED... WE WON'T GET INTO ALL THOSE DETAILS ; )




On Friday, May 8th, I was planning to help my friend Recy with a wedding she was planning where Matt and I work. What seems like a random thought with no relevance to what this blog is all about, this story foreshadows the events yet to come!

I met Recy in the lobby that afternoon and in the middle of our conversation, her and Glenn (our Director of Catering) began to joke around about me being pregnant..... right. Talk about rumors being ready to spread like wild fire at work! Recy all of a sudden gives me this "look" like I was doing something suspicious. It must have been her mama instincts, because she bluntly says to me, "You're pregnant, aren't you!?" Ummm... no Recy, you are crazy.

When I headed downstairs on break, I suddenly got an awkward feeling in my lower abdomen. Period perhaps? No. This feeling was defintely different. I think my mama instincts began to kick in, as I suddenly wondered if Recy was right. I smiled to myself, rubbed my stomach, and grabbed a bite to eat.

That coming Saturday, I had a lovely afternoon with my girlfriends as we lunched at The Yardhouse prior to going to Wango Tango. Oh how I love Lady Gaga. The afternoon festivities were well needed and I had a great time with the girls! As I was driving home (mind you, it's already past midnight) I began to get that awkward feeling again. Matt happened to be working a back to back shift, so he decided to spend the night at the hotel. I don't know what came over me, but I decided to take a pregnancy test as soon as I got home.

One pee stick later and five minutes of waiting, there it was....a second (yet faint) pink line. A rush of emotions ran through me along with the biggest smile I've had since our wedding day.
"Son of b***!" (excuse myself) I thought.... "I'm PREGNANT!" The memorable part of this moment was that it happened to be Mother's Day. What a perfect gift. I couldn't wait to tell Matt in person when he came home, so I decided to call him. Of course, he didn't believe, since I ALWAYS joke around about being pregnant with him. When he got home that day.... boy did it hit him : )


No comments:

Post a Comment